The Apostolic Ministries International (TAMI)
Today is a great day and we have a reason to smile.
Though we usually celebrate the anniversary of The Apostolic Ministries International on 2nd December every year, it was actually on 27th of April that ‘’The Apostolic Ministries International ‘’(TAMI) was birthed
Looking back at our humble beginning …..
Sixteen years back…..It all began in the basement hall of Lancy and Aileen D’Souza. I remember vividly the powerful message and the presentation made by Pastor Anison. Just a hand full of us – caught the vision, came together and Tami was birthed.
Pastor Anison insisted that the Holy Spirit has to be in-charge of the ministry if it needs to grow. Indeed it is the Holy Spirit who has brought us to this level and who continue to be with us to move us onto an even higher level. From its humble beginnings, TAMI has grown to be one of the largest and most effective ministries for reaching the lost and offering real answers to hurting people
All honor and glory be to HIM
The story of TAMI thus far is not a story of quick growth and clear successes. Rather, it is a story of unique vision and the faithfulness of God to his own leading and purpose.
As I reflect back on the many milestones that have been made, I understand that what distinguishes TAMI from other massive world mission organizations are its core values. Reflecting on them once again on this occasion would serve as reminders of our very purpose and identity
They are as follows:
- The Chairman of TAMI is the Holy Spirit –For TAMI Holy Spirit is more than just an aid to Christian living and witnessing, He is the Chief Administrative Officer.
- TAMI is non-negotiable in its focus to be a Missions and Church Planting organization.Church planting is a high and non-negotiable priority of TAMI. Reaching unreached areas of all nations and planting a church in every corner of the world is our passion.
- TAMI continues with the Apostolic leadership and doctrines of the early church and we believe that we are a continuation of the Apostolic Acts of the New Testament. (Acts 2:42)
- We believe that leaders are separated by the Holy Spirit and appointed by Jesus Christ for the building of His Church Hence office bearers in TAMI are not selected through election or voting based on public opinion. Acts 13:1-3
- TAMI is a relationship based organisationWhen Jesus said that “By this, all will know that you are my disciples by the love you have for one another”, we believe Jesus meant it. Our goal is to see every person loved and cared for in such a way that they feel accepted, valued and have a sense of belonging. We dream to be the Ocean of Love!
- TAMI believes in ‘’Unity in diversity’’Our goal is to bridge racial, cultural, gender, socio-economic and generational gaps so as to create a community where all people can relate together in a spirit of love and unity.
- We believe that each leader has to beget sons and daughters through the gospel. Like Paul and Timothy had a father and son relationship, we expect such relationship the foundation of our growth.(1 Timothy 1:1-2)
- TAMI stands for Holiness and that everyone should strive to be perfect as our Father is perfect. But if anyone sins, we believe we should correct each other with total respect and in a spirit of gentleness as given in Galatians 6:1-2. We do not kick people out of the ministry or church, we kick the devil out of people!
- TAMI does not give unnecessary focus on the exterior; like wearing gold, dressing in white, shaving the beard etc! Instead, we focus on love with a pure heart and faith from a sincere conscience!
- TAMI emphasizes on equipping the saints and training them to be in the Five Fold Ministry of Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors & Teachers. All five offices are recognized and developed for church growth
- TAMI is addicted to prayer, both personal & corporate. Prayer of the Church, we believe is the world changer!
- TAMI leaders spend considerable hours receiving faith through revelation from the Word! Jesus was, is and will be the Word of God! One has to live based on revelation!
- TAMI exists based on various prophetic confirmation that we will be part of the end-time revival. So revival is something that will keep happening wherever TAMI leaders move.
Today is indeed a great opportunity for us to share the love of God together and celebrate the goodness of our Lord Jesus.
Feel welcome and may the love of God be with you always.